Automatic insurance cover for your items
At Couriers Please we provide our customers with superior parcel delivery services throughout Australia. Every year, we are responsible for the delivery of hundreds of thousands of items, and it’s a responsibility we take very seriously.
While we always make every effort to ensure your item arrives on time and in good condition, very occasionally things can go wrong.
That’s why we are now offering customers automatic insurance cover on all items, providing you with even more peace of mind. Things rarely go wrong but, if they do, this cover will ensure we can set them right for you.Please note that this applies only to all coupons purchased after 6th September 2010.
Make sure you’re covered
Couriers Please has automatically arranged insurance cover for your goods. We recommend that you ensure that this level of cover is adequate to protect your items from accidental damage or loss in transit cover and if not, we can arrange additional cover.
This additional insurance cover is the easiest way for you to protect your items. There are no extra forms to fill in or arrangements to be made. You simply arrange delivery as normal and we add a small premium to your invoice.
How much will it cost?
- Insurance cover of up to $1000 per consignment is free
- Insurance cover of up to $2000 costs $2 per consignment
- Insurance cover of up to $3000 costs $3 per consignment
How will I be billed?
- There is no charge for the complimentary insurance
- The additional insurance premium charge per consignment note or coupon will be billed as a separate line on your invoice.
What does it cover?
- The cost of repairing or replacing lost or damaged goods up to the policy limits (less GST) per coupon or consignment; or
- The actual value of the lost or damaged goods at the time of loss (i.e. unless the goods are new an amount for depreciation will be deducted from the claim) up to the policy limits (less GST) per coupon or consignment.
Is there an excess?
- Yes – you are responsible for the first $150 of every claim on the automatic insurance.Different excesses apply to the additional insurance – see the terms and conditions on the reverse of your tax invoice.
Are any goods excluded from cover?
The following goods are not covered:
- Deeds, securities, treasury notes and the like;
- Designs and patterns, plans, manuscripts and all other documents;
- Livestock, animals and/or foodstuffs of any kind.
- Money (including bank notes and coins), stamps, duty stamps, tickets and the like;
- Household goods and personal effects.
- Fine art, jewellery, gold and silver articles, precious stones;
- Arms and ammunition,
Are there any special conditions?
- Yes, some conditions do apply.For a full set of terms and conditions you should refer to the policy document which your sales representative can provide you with.Alternatively, you can telephone Australian Risk Applications Pty Ltd ABN 72 078 321 AFS Licence No. 228991 on (02) 9007 2491.
“OK to leave”
- Insurance cover for loss of goods does not apply to consignments that have an “OK to leave” coupon attached nor if other express authority to leave is given to Couriers Please.
How do I claim?
- You can notify us of any loss or damage by calling 1300 36 1000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your goods arrive damaged, you should make sure that you note this on the proof of delivery when signing so that we can easily process your claim.You then need to notify us of the damage as soon as possible, but in any event, within seven days of their arrival.Our claims staff will then assist you through the claims process, including advising you of the documentation you will require in order for us to quickly process your claim
- The time to report a loss has recently changed from 14 business days from despatch to 7 business days from the anticipated time of arrival.
This change commenced Tuesday 13th March 2012 therefore it applies to any consignment despatched from this date
For example a parcel travelling from Sydney 2000 to Brisbane 4000
Despatched Thursday 15/3/12
Anticipated time of arrival Friday 16/3/12
Customer to contact CP by Tuesday 27/3/12
Delays in transit will be taken into consideration
It’s quick, easy and free
- With only one invoice needed for transit and additional insurance, payment couldn’t be easier, and we offer competitive premiums
- We provide comprehensive cover for costs and expenses relating to lost or damaged items, and the policy covers repair or replacement of the goods or actual (cost) value of the lost or damaged goods
- Your items are covered for the whole time they are in transit – “floor to floor”.Transit cover commences from the time the goods are picked up and loaded until the goods are delivered to the receiver.
- Settlement of claims is quick and easy.
For more information please contact your local contractor.